|Ready Steady Cook on a Trangia
"A couple of months ago Thorpe Acre Scout Leaders through down a couple of challenges to me one was to run an evening for the Scouts, and I think we ended I ended up with an Overseas Food Cooking night. So I decided to do the cooking on trangias, because Thorpe Acre Scout are into lightweight Camping and have done a few in the last few months. So I found a couple of Trangia Cook books on line and Ian picked a recipe, Vegetable Stir Fry see below
Vegetable Stir Fry
1) Warm two table’s spoons of oil in Trangia pan
2) Add mushrooms, onions, corn, garlic and pepper
3) On a moderate heat keep moving contents for 5 minutes
4) Add sauce of choice or a few shakes of soy sauce with rice or noodles
5) Continue cooking and stirring for a couple more minutes
6) Wash everything up and return to Stores clean and ready for the next group
Now the Scouts did do exceptionally well and all the food tasted great, and they managed to clean all the equipment and return it in tip top condition.
Over all a great evening I think everyone did really well.
Well Done Thorpe Acre.